An FDM or fused deposition modeling3D printer can be used only with some specialized 3D printers. Uses thermoplastics as a covering in every picture of printing. The technology used now in the innovative 3D printers was invented by Scott Drum and got its patent in 1989. The 3D FDM printing system is mainly used by industries, automotive companies, and consumer goods manufacturers. In this article, we will be discussing the FDM 3D PRINTER that is famous and available in Singapore.
How does this printer work-
- FDM uses the digital design that is uploaded to the 3D printer.
- ABS found in plastic face guards, PETG found in plastic bottles, PEI, etc. are all different types of thermoplastic polymer used while printing
- The picture is printed first, then the polymer passes through the coil, gets melted, and settles in the nozzle. All the process is done through computer directions.
- Then this liquid is poured into the picture, maintaining the level and forming a 3D effect on the picture.
- The liquid cools down and becomes solid. Thepiling up of the layer of liquid is repeated three times to make a perfect embossed look on the picture.
The best printers are-
- Lulzbot Mini 2– polymers used are PLA, ABS, and Nylon. Type of printing- 3D Fused Deposition Modelling. It has z-axis, which is moved by a belt. It has a built-in 3D printer plug-and-play button on the display screen. Price- S$2445.40
- CR-6 SE Printer– a polymer that can be used is PLA and ABS. The resolution of the picture quality is 100 microns. Price- S$698.
To conclude, these printers are the best of their kind.