Timeline is a graphical representation of chronological occurring of events. Usually, they are long bars with dates and time represented on parallel lines. The description of the event is given along the date. You can choose any suitable time to represent. It can vary from millions of years to the millisecond. Which means you can represent the evolution of mankind and also the explosion of the bomb. This is one of the most important properties of the timeline. There are many applications of it. You can use different graphical representations using a free timeline maker.
Uses of timeline
Timeline is used by many professionals in different situations.
- For historical studies: – It is oboes. Timeline is for the representation of events based on their occurrence in time. It is used for the study of events in chronological order.
- In natural science: – It is used to represent life events and other things. It is used in subjects like biology, astronomy and geology.
- In project management: – In this timeline is used for showing the deadline of events and future projects.
- It is also used in representations. It makes presentation simple, easy to understand, and attractive. You can use different types to make your work more attractive. There are many sites which provide free timeline maker.
Types of timeline
According to their uses, there are different types of the timeline.
- Historical timeline: – It marks the occurrence of different events in their chronological order. It helps historians to represent data in a simple way. Also, you can get the time difference between two events very easily. It is generally represented on the straight line.
- Biographical timeline: – This type of timeline is used for representing events of a person’s life. There are many templates available that will look attractive.
- Biological: – This is an important type of timeline. It keeps track of events that are important for biological changes. It is also represented graphically. They can map small processes happening in a species and keep track of large events like evolution f a species.
- Horizontal timeline: – In this, the timeline is kept horizontal and the time is marked from left to right according to the occurrence. Then the event is mentioned near the respective date. This is the simplest form. Its main use is in mapping historical events.
- Curved timeline: – these are the straight timeline bending to 180 degrees at the end. They are like a horizontal timeline stack over each other and their ends are joined.