- The first step in becoming a pilates instructor is to take class. You have to enclose yourself in classes in order to learn exercises as well as about body. You need to watch other teachers to find out which your best style is and what type of way you have to follow. Take your own time and do not stop practicing.
- After that, you have to determine whether you are ready for teaching or not. Since you will be teaching on stage, and have to find your own health care and benefits. Ask yourself several questions and find if you are okay with teaching others.
- Then you have to decide whether you want mat certification or comprehensive one. With a mat certification, you will be able to teach people with mats at gym, whereas, on the other hand, comprehensive certification allows you to teach and train clients with Pilates equipment such as chair and reformer. A comprehensive certification is the best, if you want to teach full time private clients.
- Next, a type of Pilates certification program is to be selected. For this, you have to research a lot and need to ask recommendations from good teachers. There are a lot of contemporary certification programs out there like classical pilates method.
- Thus, you can end your pilates continuing education by taking up tests. A comprehensive certification will take several months and it is totally up to you to make your goals and schedule.
Hope this article helps people who are looking to pursue a career in Pilates.